A little bit about myself. I am a very creative individual with an analytic and technical side as well. I find it's the perfect balance between the left and right centers of the brain. This is helpful in my career because I have to be flexible in both technical programming and creative design tasks.
I started my design career as a senior at Coronado High School back in 1988. We didn't have the internet back then, and most of us didn't even have a personal computer yet. It was the days of dark rooms, blue lines, light tables and wax machines... fun stuff! Thankfully, those days are over.
As things progressed, I took up HTML and Java script in 1995 to learn the new media called the Internet. I worked for a variety of great companies and corporations, learning new tricks along the way. Eventually, my web design skills became web development skills as the coding requirements and technologies grew substantially. I learned several programming languages, API's, Frameworks and IDE's as these came to light in the industry.
As a software and web developer, I must develop and test on both Mac and Windows systems. Typically, from OS version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through 10.9 (Mavericks,) and Windows XP through Windows 8. I keep all versions of these Operating Systems available for testing on my home computers. I am fluent in Mac, Windows, and many Unix-based computer systems.
Here are some of my strong points...
- Experienced web software developer with over 15 years industry experience with a variety of programming languages. I am well versed in the conception, design, development, testing and deployment of successful software products and systems for a variety of markets.
- Owner and developer of reKon audio (http://www.rekonaudio.com), a small web-based business that produces VST-AU plug-ins and Standalone software products that support classic analog and digital MIDI hardware synthesizers. With over 10 products, a user-base of over 2,000 customers, and a good sales track record since 2005.
- Experienced with developing and marketing software, hardware, and other technology-based products.
- Professional web developer responsible for the design, development, deployment and management of web-based Content Management Systems, Product Licensing and End-User support systems used in the marketing and support of a variety of products and services. I have a great portfolio of web sites I have developed /co-developed for mid to high-end clients and my own business.
- I have a deadline driven, and detail oriented work ethic. I have great interpersonal skills and understand how to approach different situations with grace. I have worked well in both a team environment, or independently. I have held both on-site and off-site positions successfully over my years of employment. As a former business owner myself, I am naturally self-motivated to create new and exciting products.
I am proficient in many technologies, tools, software and hardware used in the design, production and management of web-based systems on UNIX, Mac and Windows platforms. There are far too many to list in this resume, but here are the technologies and applications I use the most:
- Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Navicat, FileZilla, Putty
- Several HTML, scripting and graphics production applications
- All major browsers and platforms tested
iOS and Android Development
- Visual Studio 2005 - 2012 (C, C++, VB, etc.)
- XCode 3 - 5 (C, C++, CoreAudio, AU frameworks.)
- JUCE 1.0 - 3.0 framework
- Several 2-D and 3-D graphics production applications
Repository Source Control
- Subversion SVN, GIT, GITHub, SourceSafe, etc.
Business & Project Management
- All Microsoft Office™ and OpenOffice™ applications
- Most spread sheet and database applications (Excel, Access, SQL, mySQL)
- Atlassian JIRA and Microsoft Project applications for PM
- VPN, Teamviewer and other Remote support applications
clientsJust some of the many clients I have developed and/or co-developed front-end web sites and Content Management Systems for. See my Portfolio page for more details.
The Firm GraphicsAugust 06 to December 13
Professional Web Developer and Design Contractor.
reKon audioJune 05 to Present
Owner and Software Developer of DAW plug-in applications.
Insurance TechnologiesMay 00 to August 06
Web Developer and Graphics Production Specialist.
USA.NETFebruary 99 to April 00
Corporate Graphics and Web Production Engineer.
Origin CommunicationsMarch 97 to January 99
Graphics and Web Designer, Marketing Support.
The Sign Shop Ltd.July 92 to February 97
Computer Graphics Production Specialist and Signage Engineer.
OutdoorsI enjoy mother nature. Hiking, camping, fishing, touring, snowboarding, skateboarding and other outdoor activities with friends and family. Colorado is the perfect place for a creative mind seeking inspirational freedom.
Art & MusicI have been creating art and music for over 20 years. I enjoy applying my understanding of art and music to as many avenues in life as possible. I enjoy everything about synthesizers and have several of them to play around with.
MoviesI love watching movies! Especially old movies, before computer animation. I love modern movies too, but there is so much great material to see that is now long gone from the local theatres. Something nostalgic, something magical.
HobbiesIt's rare, but when I do have spare time, or just need something else to do, I enjoy fine scale modelling. I improve my airbrush and painting techniques as I go, and I also learn a lot about the world and history with this hobby.